Monday, June 1, 2009

Giddy Up

Giddy up horsey....err, giraffe!

I'm gonna get you....loves to go after the camera!

A few pictures from the weekend...I have been really bad and forgetting the camera or never having it in the right place at the right time.

Chase has been having a fun time on this little giraffe (I am probably confusing him cause I keep calling it a horsey!). It is pretty comical watching him try and try to get on the thing. He keeps hiking his leg up but then his other leg is too far away from the giraffe to get on. Then he tries to back up and sit on it. He did get one leg on and then I found him standing on the seat and holding onto the handles rocking...the boy has some balance and strength for sure.

He had a pretty good weekend. His leg is much better, but I think his teeth are still bothering him. He didn't nap well on Saturday and boy, could you tell it. We went to Jim and Beth's for her surprise party on Saturday and stayed for a few hours while Chase stayed at Grandma Joans. He had a good time playing with her!

Sunday, he was up early, before 6 this time. This boy keeps getting up earlier and earlier....we have to work on this....mommy and daddy need some sleep! He did take a long nap though that morning and when he got up, we went and got Granny Stokes and went to lunch at Applebees. The little turkey was too busy flirting and waving to the waitresses and little girls, that we could barely get him to eat lunch. He would have a bite here and there but his appetite has certainly decreased lately. After lunch, we drove down to Grampa's weigh in at St Thomas. Chase was engrossed in watching the water, all the boats and people. At first, he didn't know Grampa, cause he had his sunglasses and hat on...it took him a minute to warm up. He finished 7th out of 31 boats, pretty good, but still out of the money. Chase feel asleep on the way home. I think the fresh air did him some good!
Chase has been talking up a storm lately and babbling jibberish just as much. I've been wanting to list some of his words, so I could come up with a number. The PAT lady said he would probably have 50-75 words by the end of the summer and I said "no way" but I may eat my words soon! So his words to date (at least his version!):
  1. dada
  2. mama
  3. apple (apul)
  4. bird (burd)
  5. rabbit (rabber)
  6. grampa (ampa)
  7. moo for a cow
  8. up
  9. pizza (baba) - said it this weekend several times when eating Ria's!
  10. book
  11. cat
  12. pup
  13. ball
I think that is it....but it is quickly expanding.

No comments: